Popmoney is an innovative service offered by East Wisconsin Savings Bank. It eliminates the hassles of checks and cash by allowing you to send and receive money as easily as you do email and text messages. Best of all, it's free*, and it works with your current East Wisconsin bank account — no need to share any sensitive account information.
How Popmoney Works
Popmoney works through online banking and Billpay services, using the same systems and security you currently rely on for your online and mobile banking.
- To send money, you just need the name and mobile phone number or email address of the recipient. They will be notified of the transfer via a personalized text message or email that comes directly from you.
- If their financial institution offers Popmoney, they can receive the transfer using their online banking or mobile app. If it doesn't, they can easily pick up their funds at Popmoney.com.
- The money you send will move directly from your account at East Wisconsin Savings Bank to the recipient's account, without having to exchange any account or other sensitive information.
- If someone needs to pay you, you can send a request simply using their mobile number or email address. When they use Popmoney to send you funds, they will be deposited into the savings or checking account that you have designated as your primary account.
Let Popmoney Simplify Your Life
Using Popmoney can streamline your day-to-day financial transactions. Here are just a few ideas:
- Split the bill among friends for a group dinner, concert, or other event.
- Send money to your child at college.
- Collect rent, utility, or other payments from roommates or tenants.
- Pay your babysitter, dog walker, or for other personal services.
- ...and so much more!
* Popmoney is free for standard delivery (up to 3 business days). There is a $2.00 charge for next-day transfers.