Providing proven financial solutions and valuable information to help you and your family on the road to financial success.
- Building an Emergency Fund (12/31/19)
Building an emergency fund is an important step in reducing financial stress for many households. Here are a couple of strategies to help you do this successfully.
- Time to Take a New Look at Your Money Habits (12/24/19)
The New Year holiday creates a feeling of starting fresh and inspires us to set new goals. Here are some ideas to reflect on as you set your financial goals for the New Year.
- Saving for the Future: Questions to Consider Now (12/17/19)
Finding money to add to your savings account can seem difficult, but there are some strategies that can make it easier. Start by asking yourself these questions.
- Money Saving Tips for a Less $pooky Halloween (10/15/19)
Halloween money saving tips to keep your empty wallet from shouting "boo!"
- Health Savings Accounts (10/8/19)
HSA accounts, when combined with the required high-deductible health insurance plan, allow consumers to save for future medical expenses with tax-free dollars.
- 8 Ways to Avoid Overdraft Fees (9/24/19)
With a little planning and account management, you can prevent extra charges.
- How to Avoid Bank Fees (7/16/19)
Looking for ways to minimize your banking costs? Here are some proven tips.
- 7 Tips for Improving Your Credit Score (7/9/19)
Suggestions from the American Bankers Association for improving your credit score.
- Getting a Loan and Choosing a Lender (11/19/19)
Tips for navigating the competitive mortgage market.
- What Struggling Homeowners Need to Know (11/5/19)
If you are struggling to pay your mortgage or facing foreclosure, don't wait to get help.
- Credit Card Facts and Tips (7/30/19)
Access to credit enables families to deal with emergencies, obtain goods and services, and build a credit history. Use your cards to your best advantage with our tips and FAQs.
Tips for Families
- It's Still a Good Time to Become Financially Fit (1/14/20)
We’re now a few weeks into the new year...how are you doing on your financial New Year’s Resolutions? If you're not as on track as you would like, don’t despair. It’s not too late to adopt some new financial habits.
- How to Develop a Financial Plan (1/7/20)
You can take charge of your finances and your life by setting financial goals, planning a budget, and sticking to it.
- Getting Good Financial Advice (10/1/19)
Check out these common misunderstandings about getting professional financial advice.
- Teaching Young People About Money (8/20/19)
Tips to help parents, guardians and caregivers show a child — from a preschooler to a college student — why and how to become responsible with money.
- Tips for Seniors Wanting to Help Relatives (8/6/19)
Although giving your relatives monetary help can provide a lifeline in the short term, there are things you need to be aware of to protect your own financial interests.
- Teach Children to Save - They'll Reap the Rewards as Adults (7/23/19)
Ideas on how to teach sound financial habits to the children in your life.
- Personal Finance Tips for Newlyweds (6/25/19)
Be aware of these post-wedding money mistakes so you can start your marriage on strong financial footing.
Students and Young Adults
- How to Make Student Loans Work for You (10/29/19)
Many post-secondary students need to take on student loan debt to help them pursue their education. Here are some strategies that are key to making that work.
- 8 Financial Tips for College Freshmen (9/17/19)
As freshmen across the country embark on their first semester, here are some tips to help ease their transition to financial independence.
- What to Know Before Declaring Financial Independence (8/27/19)
With twenty-somethings entering a new phase of their life as young adults, here are some ways to be prepared financially.
- Top 10 Tips for College Students (8/13/19)
They understand GPAs and test scores, but how can we help our college students better understand their credit score or the value of saving?
Protecting Yourself and Your Finances
- Safely Using Money Transfer Services (1/21/20)
By paying attention to details, you can take advantage of the convenience offered by money transfer apps.
- Money Safety Tips (12/10/19)
By the end of the year, an estimated 1.92 billion people will be digital buyers. Protect your wallet when shopping online by paying attention to these tips.
- Tips for Mobile Banking (12/3/19)
Tips that will help you use your financial apps safely and securely.
- Shopping Online During the Holidays? (11/26/19)
During the holiday season, we tend to make a lot more purchases online, so it’s especially important to be vigilant about protecting your money.
- Fake Check Scams (11/12/19)
Fake checks continue to be one of the most common instruments used to commit fraud against consumers.
- How to Avoid a Card Cracking Scam (10/22/19)
Common-sense advice to help you avoid being ripped off by a card cracking scam.
- Protecting Your Personal Information and Money (9/10/19)
Basic precautions you can use to help keep yourself from becoming a victim of financial fraud.
- Scams Targeting Bank Customers (9/3/19)
With an increasing number of bank customers becoming victims of theft or fraud, here are several scams you should be aware of.
- Worry and Cybercrime? You're Not Alone (7/2/19)
Steps you can take to reduce your chance of becoming a cybercrime victim.